|22.7.2014||CEC meeting of TEAM Mumbai will be held tomorrow, 23.7.2014, at 17 hrs in Class Room at 15th Floor, Telephone House, Pabhadevi to discuss imposition of Penalty levied on account of non – adherence to TRAI parameters and other issues to be taken up with ED Mumbai on 24.7.2014. All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting along with all area office bearers. CS, TEAM.|
|21.7.2014||The CCA Mumbai has released Rs. 38.60 crores to MTNL Mumbai against pension payment on the same way as for MTNL Delhi.|
|19.7.2014||Dear Members, Management is not serious about our demand for 78.2 % IDA neutralization. Since this is costing shadow in the long run we have to get it at all cost. Matter is being discussed with our CHQ and Delhi unit. We may have to resort to trade union movement to secure our rights. Keep ready for a call.|
|19.7.2014|| Com. Thankaraj, President, TEAM along with Com. G.N. Haragaball, Circle President, Com. J.S.Yadav, Circle Secretary, Mumbai, Com. Ravindra Kumar, AGS, TEAM, Com. Jagtap, ACS, Mumbai and Com. Reddy met Dir(HR) at Mumbai during his visit and discussed the following HR issues.1. President expressed deep concern over delay in holding DPC for Sr. Managers in all stream beyond schedule and non filling of DGM posts in different streams. Dir(HR) promised that the CRs will be called before end of this months and DPC will be processed for available vacancies.2. Delay in implementation of orders in respect of E2 to E3 promotion was brought to the notice of Dir(HR). Shri. S. Mani, GM(A) told that the said order will be uploaded in the site and follow up action will be initiated immediately.3. Case of Stenographers’ promotion was discussed with Dir(HR). Dir(HR) told that GM(HR) is replying to some queries and matter will be sorted out shortly.
4. President raised serious objection for delay in preparing JAO Gradation list: Dir(HR) told that a committee is formed for studying this issue. All efforts will be taken to bring out gradation list shortly.
5. President pointed out acute shortage in Finance stream and urged to recruit at the earliest and stop transferring executives out of Mumbai till such time. Circle President also pointed out urgent need for recruitment of E2 level executives and TTAs in Technical stream. Dir(HR) agreed to conduct exams for recruitment at the earliest.
6. Imposition of penalty on account of TRAI bench marking. Circe secretary objected to levying penalty and told that this will only demoralize the work force. He added that there can’t be two different sets of policies among the two units. Dir(HR) agreed with the sentiments and requested to sort out the issue with ED Mumbai.
7. Refund of BWA Spectrum fee. Dir(HR) told that Rs.765 Crore is already received back and the remaining is in pipeline. On the issue of Pension payment he said that Delhi unit received Rs.28.62 Cr and it is expected that Mumbai unit also will get its share shortly.
8. 78.2 DA neutralization: The response from Dir(HR) on the of 78.2 % neutralization shows that management is not serious on the issue.
|16.07.2014||Because of continuous efforts of our association, TEAM, The CCA, New Delhi (DOT) has paid a refund to MTNL Rs. 28.62 crore against the pension paid by MTNL for the retirees (Who retired prior to 31st March,2014 ). This amount reimbursed to MTNL against 85% of the pension paid to the retirees for the month of April, May,June,2014 after deducting the pension contribution of the working employees for the same. On the same line CCA, Mumbai is also to release the payment to MTNL, Mumbai. The amount is to be paid by CCA, Mumbai is yet to be confirmed.|
|16.07.2014||GS along with Sh. V. P. Bhardwaj JGS, Sh. Rajeeb Kumar AGS, Sh. P. C. Sarswat Advisor CHQ , Sh. K. R. Yadav CP and Sh. Ram Gopal CS met with GM(HR) on 15-07-2014 to discuss the following points.1) Non filling all vacant post of DGM in all streams: GS expressed our deep concern over this issue. We explained that all vacant posts of DGMs in all streams have not been filled in although the eligible candidates are available. There is no provision in the rule for holding of 50% post of DGM for direct recruited executives. We demanded that all the vacant posts must be filled without any further delay as senior executives are retiring without getting their due promotions.GM(HR) agreed that there is no rule for keeping pending 50% posts of DGMs for direct recruited executives but as per the decision of the competent authority only 50% posts have been filled in. However he agreed to re-examine the issue . 2) Delay in holding DPCs for E5(regular) promotion in all streams: We conveyed our serious objection for un-necessary delay in holding of DPC for regular promotion in E5 grade in all streams although sufficient information in this regard from both circle have been received by Corporate office.GM(HR ) replied that file was sent for approval for holding DPC for DEs but some quarry has been raised by Dir.(HR) and we are replying to same. The case of promotion of CAOs has to be processed yet.3) Delay in finalization of gradation list of JAOs: GS asked the latest status of the gradation list of JAOs as the same has been over delayed and regular DPC for AOs is getting delayed due to this.GM(HR) told that the committee has submitted its report but Dir.(HR) raised some quarries again and we are replying to them.
4) Regular DPC of JTOs/JAOs/AMs(HR, Marketing & Legal) to SDEs /AOs / DMs : GS apprised that as per DPC calendar all the DPCs are over delayed and requested him to expedite the process so that the eligible executives may get their due promotion well in time
GM(HR) assured that this mater is on top priority and will be resolved shortly.
5) Case of Stenographers for promotion:This case has already been discussed on various occasions but no fruit full result has been achieved. GS requested to resolve this issue on top priority.
GM(HR) answered that the case has already examined and the finding have been submitted to competent authority for approval. But some quarries have been raised which are been looked into.
6) Non-grant of one increment on regular promotion in E5 as per executive promotion policy 2007: GS pointed out that as per EPP-2007 one increment has to be given on regular promotion in E5 but Corporate office arbitrarily decided not to allow it.
GM(HR) agreed that the increment is to be given as per EPP-2007 but as per decision of competent authority it is not allowed. This matter may be taken up with Dir.(HR) or CMD.
7) Review of seniority list of CAOs(E5): GS pointed out that some representations from individual executives are lying pending in HR section for review of seniority but the same is not being examined and replied to the individual executives.
GM(HR) agreed that we have received some cases and are pending for further examination.
8) Retrospective effect of regular promotion of AOs/Sr. PAs: GS told to GM(HR) that some representation from individual AOs/Sr. PAs have been sent to HR section for giving retrospective effect of regular promotion but the same have not been finalised yet.
GM(HR) agreed for these representation but he told that the same could not be finalised due to busy schedule. He assured to look into these shortly.
|15.07.2014||BSNL, MTNL did not get necessary structural support:State run BSNL and MTNL did not get the structural support they required, leading to their present state of affairs, government said in the Lok Sabha on Monday. Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said there is scope for improvement in the working of the two state run service providers. They were once making profit, but now they are incurring losses, he said……. A news from Z News……… Please click here for link to news.|
|14.07.2014||Rakesh Garg to be telecom secretary: Government on Sunday appointed a 1980 batch IAS officer Rakesh Garg new telecom secretary. A news from Economic Times.Please click here for link to news.
|13.07.2014||In the context of question raised by Sh. D.P.Tirpathi Hon’ble Memeber of Rajya Sabha from NCP ; national channel of Rajya Sabha organised a live debate on the subject ‘ MTNL &BSNL :the reasons for financial distress and the way forward’. Debate was anchored by Amrita Rai and participated by Sh. D.P.Tirpathi Hon’ble Memeber of Rajya Sabha , A K Kaushik (General Secretary, Telecom Executives’ Association of MTNL) and Manoj Gairola (Editor, Telecom Tiger).Please click here for the link to live debate telecasted on 11-07-2014 from 8pm to 8.30 pm.
1) While replying to question raised by Sh.D.P.Tirpathi Hon,ble Member of Rajya Sabaha , SH. Ravi Shankar Prasad Hon,ble Minister of Communication & IT announced that Government plans Rs 39k-crore capital infusion in BSNL, MTNL over 5 years .
A news from Economic Times.
2) MTNL, BSNL face total debt of over Rs 21,000 cr:The total debt of state-run telecom companies MTNL and BSNL has increased to Rs 21,208 crore at the end of June 2014.It was Rs 12,983 crore as of March 31, 2012, Parliament was informed today. For BSNL, it was Rs 3,335 crore, and MTNL — Rs 9,648 crore.”As on March 31 (2014), the total debts on the books of BSNL and MTNL are Rs 5,948 and Rs 14,210 crores respectively,” Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in the Rajya Sabha.
A news from Business Satndard. Please click here for link to news.
ED Delhi office issued an order for LA promotion to the post of DGM(Telecom) for 9 executives. Please click here for copy of orders.
JGS Sh. V.P.Bhardwaj along with CS Delhi Sh. Ram Gopal met with DGM(HR) on 05-07-2014 regarding pursuance of regular DPCs of all streams. DGM (HR) informed that the case has already been sent for seeking approval for holding of DPC for DEs/Sr. Manager (Telecom) and it is expected that the same may be cleared by next week. Regarding the DPC for CAOs information have already been received from both units and we are processing the case for seeking approval for holding DPC. Other DPCs for regular promotion are in pipe line.
Corporate Office issued Transfer orders for 2 AM (Finance) on request from Mumbai unit to Corporate Office.
Sh. R.S.Sharma Secretary (IT) has been given additional charge of Secretary (T) Deptt. Of. Telecom .Sh. R.S.Sharma is an IAS officer of 1978 batch (Jharkhand Cadre).
|03.07.2014||IDA for CPSU employees is likely to be increased by 2.9% from 1st July 2014.Therefore new IDA will be 91.3% from JULY-2014.|
|03.07.2014||NEWS FROM MEDIA
Ravi Shankar Prasad cracks the whip on MTNL, BSNL:Telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad is cracking the whip on ailing telcos MTNL and BSNL. The minister has made it clear that companies must either perform or perish. CNBC-TV18′s Malvika Jain and Elan Dutta spoke to industry experts to explore various opportunities the two companies could tap to script a turnaround.
|02.07.2014||Yesterday i.e. on 01-07-2014 GS met Principal CCA (Pension) to discuss the inordinate delay in taking over the pension cases from MTNL and non payment of pension and pensionary benefits to the employees retired from April-2014 onwards. Principal CCA explained the reasons for this delay. We have asked the Principal CCA for immediate release of the pension and pensionary benefits to all the employees retired in April-2014 & onward. Principal CCA assured to expedite the process of taking over the pension cases from MTNL . He also assured that he will talk to Dir. (F) MTNL for releasing the pension of those who retire in April & May2014. We have also told the Principal CCA that our Association will not be remained silent onlooker anymore in this regard.|
|30.06.2014||ED Delhi office issued Posting orders for 7 DGM(F) promoted on regular basis by Corporate office on 29-05-2014. TEAM wishes all the best to promoted and posted Senior executives. Please click here for copy of the letter.|
|26.6.2014||Due to persistent follow up by TEAM, Mumbai Corporate Office released order removing discrepancies in E2 to E3 up-gradation on completion of 4 years regular service without counting training period. Click here for the order pl.|